Terms and Conditions
Please read the following terms and conditions, as set by John Taylor, of Taylored Toons.
Acceptance of a quote, and/or the purchase of artwork from Taylored Toons, implies that you have agreed to the following terms and conditions:
Ownership of Copyright/Licence Agreements
- The copyright of all original artwork shall be retained by Taylored Toons (unless otherwise agreed).
- A licence shall be granted to use the artwork, unless the client requires the artwork for private display only (i.e. to decorate a wall in a private dwelling). For private use of artwork, a verbal agreement between Taylored Toons and the client may be sufficient.
- The client is granted a licence to use the artwork solely for the purposes agreed upon by Taylored Toons and the client.
- If the client wishes to use the artwork for any purpose, other than stated in the agreement, another licence must be obtained from Taylored Toons, for an additional agreed fee between Taylored Toons and the client.
- The licence is granted to be used by only the client to whom it is issued.
- If the client requires full copyright ownership of any artwork produced by Taylored Toons, Taylored Toons must be informed immediately. If agreed to, a sales contract shall be drawn up.
Please note: Full copyright of artwork is rarely obtained due to the fact that the cost is significantly greater than the cost of being granted a licence to use the artwork for a set purpose/amount of time.
- Payment of pre-produced artwork (i.e. artwork in Taylored Toons portfolio/sample illustrations) shall be immediate. Please contact me for prices and payment options for these items.
- Payment for commissioned work:
- 50% of the quoted fee shall be payable immediately upon acceptance of hiring my services, with the balance payable upon completion of the artwork.
- The client shall pay all invoices in full strictly within 30 days of the date of the invoice.
- Late payment will result in additional fees.
- Non-payment of invoices will result in immediate legal action.
If for any reason, cancellation of commissioned work is required, the client shall be charged the following fees:
- 25% of the agreed fee if cancellation is made before the drafting of the roughs.
- 50% of the agreed fee is cancellation is made after the roughs have been drafted/submitted.
- 75% of the agreed fee if cancellation is made at the inking/refining stage of the artwork.
- 100% of the agreed fee if cancellation is made at the completion of the artwork.
- In the event of cancellations, all rights granted under the licence/agreement shall be forfeited by the client, and shall be retained by Taylored Toons.
- Delivery of artwork shall be on, or before the agreed date. If unforseen circumstances prevent the delivery of artwork on time, the client shall be informed immediately.
- If the client requires significant changes to the artwork, during or upon completion of the work, a revised deadline may need to be negotiated.
- Additional fees shall be charged by Taylored Toons for any changes deemed significant.
- Taylored Toons shall not be held responsible for any losses arising from late delivery of artwork.
Protection of Artwork
- Taylored Toons artwork shall not be changed, modified or altered in any way unless written permission is obtained from Taylored Toons.
- All artwork by Taylored Toons, including roughs, drafts, and finalised work, remains the property of Taylored Toons.
- Taylored Toons guarantees all artwork produced is original, and does not knowingly infringe any copyright laws.
- All artwork supplied to the client is to be used solely for the purpose stated by the client. Taylored Toons retains the right to reuse all original artwork (unless full copyright is granted).
- Unless otherwise agreed, Taylored Toons shall be entitled to receive up to 10 copies of the work/publication the commissioned artwork is to be used for, free of charge.
- Taylored Toons reserves the right to use all original artwork as samples or promotional material if desired.
- Taylored Toons requests that any published artwork produced by Taylored Toons, is acknowledged by the client.